WordPress is the best platform for creating a website and adding amazing features like themes and plugins. But it comes with specific unusual and some unexpected errors. It might be frustrating sometimes because of the wastage of your quality time and effort. One of the most common issues is the WP user login. Sometimes errors occur out of the blue due to a tiny bit of a mistake. Let’s dive into some of the significant errors that occurred while logging in to the WP, which might be either due to unusual factors or expected errors.
Causes of WordPress Admin Issues:
● Forgot password: this is the most common issue found while logging in WordPress. If you have forgotten the password for some reason and you end up changing or resetting the password hence, making a massive list of passwords and finally don’t remember them. It is a common cause experienced by most of us. You might end up confusing and forgetting the password. You need to make sure that you remember the password login so that you can avoid this issue.
● Cache and cookies: this is another most commonly occurred issue. Cookies are small files stored in the browser with user interactions and with certain websites. If these cookies are not enabled while you log in, you will end up with this error on your screen. On the other hand, caches are the files stored temporarily in the browser with specific webpages. If these webpages haven’t appropriately updated, you might view the older versions of those web pages. You need to make sure that you update them from time to time.
● WordPress Themes issues: themes are the features that come along with the WP package. Now, it may sound wonderful that the themes are included in WordPress to brighten up your site and attract the customers. But sometimes, errors might occur due to these themes in your site. If you have the custom themes added to your login page, an error may occur due to the theme incompatibility for your site. Hence, it is safe not to update any custom theme to your login page for a safer site.
● Corrupted login file wp-login.php: sometimes, it is unusual that the login file might be corrupted due to some errors. Login file may be misplaced or deleted, and hence you end up with the error while logging in.
● Redirected WordPress Login URL:
WordPress address URL, identify WordPress installed location, and site address URL know where the site should resolve. If both of these URL typed wrong or any mistake found, then WordPress login errors occur.
How to Fix WordPress Admin Login Issues
● The first issue of forgotten passwords can be resolved in 3 different ways. First, try the ‘forgot password?’ option available on the login page. Then you might reset the password using the link sent to your email. If this doesn’t work for some reason, then you should try checking all the other browsers previously logged in to the WordPress may still be logged in. In that case, try to log out the other browsers in the WordPress. If this doesn’t work, then there is still a chance of solving it by updating your password directly in the WordPress database. These are the solutions you may want to use in case you have forgotten the password to login the WordPress.
● Cookies and caches issues can be solved quickly. Just enable the cookies on the website before logging in and clear the caches. This might fix your problem.
● If you end up with the error WordPress admin login due to themes, then, first you may have to test whether themes are the cause of the errors. To do that, you need to rename the themes directory with some random name so that WP doesn’t recognize it and update the theme. Hence, the WP may not recognize the name of the directory and set the theme to default. Then try to log in, if you are successful in doing so, it confirms the cause of the error. Try to contact your host and resolve this issue with the assistance of it.
● If there is an issue of the corrupted login file, then this problem can be solved by deleting and formatting the login file and downloading the new login file. Ensure you have backed up your WordPress so that the vital data remains after formatting the login file.
● If you are facing the problem of site URL and WP address URL, IT should help you with that problem. First, backup your site and access the wp-config.php file by using an FTP client and add the code as WP_HOME for the WordPress address URL and WP_SITEURL for the site URL. Finally, save this updated wp-config.php and update you with the modified file using the FTP client. Now, you will be able to login successfully. However, this solution is just temporary. You need to fix the issue permanently by adding these codes with another method with the assistance of your web host server.
These are a few of the common WordPress Admin Login issues that occurred while logging in WordPress. However, these may be easily fixed by the Instant help Solution provided above. I hope this information can solve your problems with the login process.